This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Industry||IT services, IT operations, data center|
Verne Global is a UK-headquartered company that provides data center solutions for enterprise and hyperscalers. It provides colocation and cloud services to a variety of enterprises and hyperscalers across financial services, earth sciences, life sciences, engineering, scientific research and AI including BMW, Volkswagen, Earlham Institute, DeepL, Peptone, Threatmetrix, Datto
Verne Global operates a 40-acre data center campus near Keflavik in Iceland commissioned in 2012. The company provides an environment for high performance computing (HPC), supercomputing and other high intensity computing workloads, as well as complete life-cycle support. The Iceland datacenter is powered with 100% renewable energy.
Verne Global is located on the site of the former Naval Air Station Keflavik, which more recently served as a NATO airbase. Iceland was regarded as the lowest risk data center location globally by Cushman and Wakefield in 2016.
Iceland is connected via different subsea cables to North America (via Greenland Connect), Europe (via DANICE) and the UK (via FARICE). A further connection called IRIS will connect Iceland to the technology hub of Dublin, Ireland, expected to be completed in 2022.
Iceland's power grid is fuelled by 100% renewable energy in the form of hydro-electric and geothermal power. Verne Global capitalises on Iceland's natural supply of renewable energy to fuel its energy-intensive operations, and mitigate the environmental effects of running artificial intelligence and machine learning workloads.
Iceland's temperate climate also means the data center campus utilises free air cooling to keep its hardware cool all year round.
The company is owned by Digital 9 Infrastructure plc since September 2021 who bought it from a consortium including Novator Partners, General Catalyst Partners, The Wellcome Trust and Iceland-based Stefnir.
Verne Global is a Dell Technologies Platinum Partner.
Verne Global is an NVIDIA Preferred Partner and its data center campus is certified as NVIDIA DGX-Ready.
The company is ISO 27001 certified, PCI compliant and HIPAA compliant.
- "Verne Global officially opens Iceland data center". www.datacenterdynamics.com. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Our Services". Verne Global. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Verne Global - Climate Action". www.climateaction.org. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Moving HPC into a military base". www.datacenterdynamics.com. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- albert.thor250. "Company history". Farice. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Iceland: A 100% renewables example in the modern era". RenewEconomy. 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Verne Global builds on Iceland's potential as a data centre hub". Tech.eu. 2015-01-13. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "Verne Global Achieves Dell Technologies Platinum Partner Status". HPCwire. Retrieved 2021-08-03.